Treatment at Simmonds Chiropractic is aimed at addressing and correcting altered nerve function/patterns referred to as dysafferentation.
You’ll often hear Nidine quote Shrek; “We are all like onions, with a lot of layers”.
Our treatment is aimed at these layers that gradually build up through factors that affect our nervous system over a period of time.
So what can potentially cause these layers?
- Physical injury (even the things we ignore like that ankle you sprained in school etc.)
- Tension in the joints that make up your spine
- Tension in the membranes that surround your spine (called the dura)
- Emotional stress, sleep deprivation etc.
- Prevention of migraine
- Tension and inability to relax (through lifestyle advice rather than chiropractic care)
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
Treatment is aimed at identifying the involved areas, and then making the appropriate changes to these nerve pathways. Research has identified a link between our nervous system and our immune system.
So by working on your nervous system we are also aiming to improve your general health.
Common areas that we treat include:
Musculoskeletal areas causing pain;
- Neck aches
- Shoulder aches
- Elbow and wrist pain
- Back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Leg, knee and foot pain
- Sport injuries